fgets() portability (Was: Why sourcing a file is not faster than doing a loop with eval, zle -N)

2017-06-19 21:44:14 +0100, Peter Stephenson:
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 13:38:12 -0700
> Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I don't think the HAVE_FGETS + configure change is needed, there are
> > already at least four places where we assume fgets() is available.
>
> It's been there since 2001 and I added one of them myself in 2011.
[...]

Out of curiosity, are there really systems that have fgetc() and not
fgets()? AFAICT, both were already there in the "original"
stdio implementation in Unix v7 in the 70s.

--
Stephane