Re: Use HGPLAIN instead of HGRCPATH in VCS_INFO_get_data_hg

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:37:27 +0200
Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alexey Sokolov wrote:
> > No problem. I copypasted it this way because of the following in
> > http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Arc/git.html: "We prefer patches to be included
> > inline in the body of the message because it makes it easier to comment on
> > particular lines."
>
> Yup, technically that's true, unless the mailer mangles the diff. Of
> course, there's always "git send-email" to avoid that, if the system
> it's running on is configured to support it.

Given we get a reasonable number of changes from people who don't
necessarily spend their lives mailing patches (which is great), we might
want to be clearer and say "If you're not used to sending patches and
unsure how well your mailer handles inline text, feel free to provide an
attachment".  However, I don't have a website checkout here.

pws