Re: "off by one fix in multiple prompts" breaks multiline prompt

On Mon, 13 Aug 2018 13:22:31 +0200
Guillaume Chazarain <guichaz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 10:43 AM Peter Stephenson
>
> > The problem with this is all terminals are a bit different in
> > generally undetectable ways
>
> Is there a graphical terminal emulator that works on Linux and that
> does not exhibit the multi-line issue
> <https://gfycat.com/DecimalAdmiredJumpingbean>?
> I could reproduce the issue on gnome-terminal, xterm, rxvt.
> And I could also reproduce the issue that the commit fixed:
> http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2018/msg00093.html
> So I see a consistent behavior across these 3 terminals.

So you're saying the commit you say is causing the problem isn't
fixing the problem it was supposed to fix?  That implies something
else changed, since dana tried it out at the time and said it worked.

I will certainly not be jumping into this myself now --- does someone
else want to look?

pws