Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Bug Report: ... not being expanded properly?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 44045
- From: Aaron Lichtman <aaronlichtman@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Bug Report: ... not being expanded properly?
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 07:51:01 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=kKrUYa/2UoWKEzV31tAxVbY7IUxAzAfmKjY0991grxU=; b=W1t0HUjTYjMeEWCWlkdSs+xuTTq0wH3R+qM65DM0ehfYmHFc7jIlCinR97tJCfSS9j bj4FY2tBf58o3X9OtQ79zEHUREeIL36Vpi3NBma713Oo8vKwenWLExqaxH+IHG2m5/Z4 KcrlT0BTj6T39c1odGBvLU2kaS9nK4Tv49xr22lnyvjYVPkwaHmtgzut0juZvfoSOz9g c7TrAt+Yujr6WPl+hgpCc7Wj4a14nqgFOw3ve+TGS1l5qcoTN3cgqyAxqK+fQ4feT9iq SHHaJqV2F3YX1k7orLbpWd5TDnhY1J08RXU2W/3WKh6bdN6hFUOStmy1l+2VzR/G3Oiv 3OQg==
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
My apologies if this isn't the right place for this.
Here's some terminal output to show the issue I'm running into.
➜ cd ... # Showing that the "..." alias works to like "cd ../.."
➜ cd Desktop/Development # Just resetting the working dir
➜ cd .../Desktop # Showing that the alias breaks when any other
modifications are made to the path :(
cd: no such file or directory: .../Desktop
➜ cd ../../Desktop # Showing that the path I tried to cd to is valid
➜ # Path is valid
➜ zsh --version
zsh 5.7 (x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0)
The same behavior can be observed with the .... and ..... aliases. I
recently upgraded to zsh 5.7.2 from 5.6.2, but I'm not sure if this is
related to that. It's very possible this is a configuration error.
Does anyone have any suggestions with regard to how to debug this? I looked
through my .zshrc and .zprofile files and everything seems to be in order.
I don't have a great understanding of zsh internals and am a bit lost.
Any help would be appreciated.
Messages sorted by: