Re: Bug(?): unable to setopt pathscript

On 2/19/19 10:27 PM, Marie-Helene Burle wrote:
Hello,

Noob warning: I think that there might be a bug, but the mistake may be on my end as I am fairly new to zsh.

I seem unable to set the option PATH_SCRIPT.

In my ~/.zshrc file, I have "setopt pathscript". It seems to be taken into account: if I run "setopt" in the cli, I get a list of options including "pathscript".

However, if I run "zsh script.sh", I get "zsh: can't open input file: script.sh". (My script is in $PATH).

An non-interactive shell doesn't read .zshrc, which is meant for interactive shells.
.zshenv is read for non-interactive shells. you can see more about the start up files in man 1 zsh