Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: ZSH vcs_info are not updated if alias is used
- X-seq: zsh-workers 44264
- From: Goetz Epperlein <lony_@xxxxxx>
- To: Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: ZSH vcs_info are not updated if alias is used
- Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 20:05:01 +0200
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <CAN=4vMqZaMsJk2EsWaQQWA7NjK0+BqmpiRurEt_fjt6g5EVeWg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CABUUM4CtwVRDjXWcNOzN7cN3eq9SeB9O=4xL=kbYFB_9x9QpYA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN=4vMpeRD+xD1sSE3thN9VSM3cgTJM8KXg16X95Fusdj7kiCg@mail.gmail.com> <CAN=4vMqZaMsJk2EsWaQQWA7NjK0+BqmpiRurEt_fjt6g5EVeWg@mail.gmail.com>
I looked into your solutions and found the brute force the easiest for me
As match I liked your solution I do not like to install additional software.
Do you know if there will be any "merge" into vcs_info from your
Kind regards and thanks again,
Am Di., 23. Apr. 2019 um 12:39 Uhr schrieb Roman Perepelitsa <
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 11:03 AM Roman Perepelitsa
> roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx <http://mailto:roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx>
> The problem is here:
> I should’ve mentioned how you can fix it. The simplest fix is to add your
> git aliases to the linked code. This, however, won’t fix all corner cases.
> It might be possible to expand aliases there but it still won’t for
> functions and scripts that call git.
> An alternative solution is to call vcs_info from precmd hook on every
> prompt. This will be correct but slow.
> To solve the performance problem you can replace vcs_info with gitstatus
> <https://github.com/romkatv/gitstatus>, which is over 10x faster. There
> is an example
> you can follow.
> Powerlevel10k <https://github.com/romkatv/powerlevel10k> provides a
> turnkey solution. It’s already integrated with gitstatus, it’s very fast,
> and very flexible. You can configure Powerlevel10k to look like your
> current scheme, if you like.
Messages sorted by: