Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
- X-seq: zsh-workers 44456
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: justindorfman@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Logo
- Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 13:34:32 -0700
- Cc: "Zsh Hackers' List" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-transfer-encoding; bh=QPHJ+xL2CNHrjkG3+k4v36iX+gPcJLjbQMLHtr7HneU=; b=qIXlGvaWQADm+2KhtTaIHXnrrLWTamp/JpHqR0uh86suGTR3QCvP+bikvIfiFWCN/k igiI2UE5QU8cKyKvD0ypSBzwoDkOrOJrJotZjjAwDMP3YBVZJ2vI0Ni1Yw6XdBRSyw1/ MrG1Orl7ID9WFd6//BXx4PWuGWXlzKvsOMQTUtFanFwoG5M4qAqDyBb5QZnnciU87y2z NOw39Gcnld/mUFUYb4k8ks4PIvq9h551K5qZG7+N57FvTVDvllCn+6JbWOH6hsh6AQUE 2w40kmop2p+/BJsHQj5W2DySm5CRiLpNajI1rrpDTm3swK6QY5pnMydsBO7U+2GBv/k+ YYvA==
- In-reply-to: <CAH+w=7bDqRtDx1_uzxh+OkhYzEo+6fqLUMSMVFAG323BVg-Cog@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAEjOAVr=VD=Hv9mAz2596xwivjFf4_Om0jdxkgm3okPa5=8Pzw@mail.gmail.com> <38064-1559721399.140667@kQVp.BFjQ.viXH> <CAH+w=7aoydaP17Z+Xx2KXBwqVGqMPX-VTMXCxO72ExSbcoei6w@mail.gmail.com> <CAEjOAVrJFbmGjecc1qqB8z2KrXnVJmzNR3nr9kQOeveE+ErUFg@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAEjOAVpPFAA1Lt=tT8437FAwhaeEoM293CcviGNFuQc=gRER-A@mail.gmail.com> <CAEjOAVp_ouw6GPhT=w+vGattmD4Wz4yU7u71Zvih4k0QA+BTvw@mail.gmail.com> <CAFOazAMwH8Nq-1vtVC3Ejaou6wdFxYqJe9Mg-8ETqaPQoQ3pDQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAEjOAVqtQ-sVDsyiZg0ZWmCwYLp-==wvvRCRZ69ffu+YNSddrg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH+w=7bDqRtDx1_uzxh+OkhYzEo+6fqLUMSMVFAG323BVg-Cog@mail.gmail.com>
One afterthought ...
If the basic theme is to meld Z and % together, perhaps render the Z
in a slightly different shade than the two circles, and match the Z
shade with the "sh" in the first idea. That would tie the three
letters together more (or so I imagine).
On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 1:23 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My take ...
> For idea #1, the stylized Z% looks too flowing/serif-y to go with the
> typewriter font "sh". They end up looking like separate pieces rather
> than a unified logo. Either the % should be less loopy or something
> else should be done with the "sh". Also the baseline of the "sh"
> looks too low, perhaps push it up just a bit so that the center line
> of the "s" aligns with the center of the lower circle of the %.
> I'm not excited by idea #2. It might be better if the break in each
> circle were above the horizontal lines of the Z, rather than below,
> but I'm not sure. Maybe what bothers me is the way things sort of
> bubble outside the "box" defined by the corners of the Z; aside from
> the font clash in #1 I like the way its circles fit inside the angles.
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 10:14 AM Justin Dorfman <justindorfman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> > Got some initial design ideas in and wanted to share the progress. Before
> > moving forward I would love to get some input from you all.
> > https://cl.ly/0e2cdb6af228
> > Apologies if anyone got multiple messages. The other 2 messages
> > bounced *"**fatal:
> > Sorry, I don't accept messages larger than 80000 bytes (#5.2.3)"* which is
> > why I added a link to the graphic instead.
> > Regards,
> > Justin Dorfman
> > @jdorfman <http://www.twitter.com/jdorfman>
> > On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 2:33 AM Jérémie Roquet <jroquet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi Justin,
> > >
> > > Le ven. 14 juin 2019 à 22:56, Justin Dorfman <justindorfman@xxxxxxxxx> a
> > > écrit :
> > > > Got an update: my employer said they will sponsor the design! I assigned
> > > a
> > > > Trello task to our design team and will follow up with them next week. At
> > > > the moment I don't have an ETA but I will keep everyone posted once I
> > > have
> > > > more info. =)
> > >
> > > Awesome news, thank you!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jérémie
> > >
Messages sorted by: