Re: Test failures in --disable-multibyte

On Tue, 2019-12-31 at 18:39 +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> In the circumstances, I wonder if we should just make those functions a hard
> dependency and remove the --disable-multibyte (#ifndef MULTIBYTE_SUPPORT)
> codepaths entirely.

It's not generally expected you'll want to disable multibyte explicitly,
but it tests the case you get if you have a system which doesn't have
the required multibyte support.  It's not clear if zsh gets compiled on
such systems now --- they won't be very common but there might be some
deliberately reduced systems for low-level use.  These only need testing
in a similarly limited fashion.

pws