Re: PATCH: draw prompt on the correct line after window change

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 7:31 PM Sebastian Gniazdowski
<sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 at 19:07, Roman Perepelitsa
> <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I should clarify that the ball is totally on my side. The patch
> > received cool feedback but wasn't rejected outright. I estimated that
> > effort required to turn the tide is likely higher than I can muster
> > and chose to withdraw.
>
> From what I've read:
> 1. Bart said that using the terminals feature to save cursor position
> might collide with application's use of the the feature

Yes, I saw that. I believe this patch doesn't break any existing
useful code. If anyone can point me to a piece of code that could be
broken by my patch, I'll test it.

> So, I think that there's not much to do on your side.

I gave up because because no one has expressed enthusiasm and two
members in good standing expressed skepticism that I was unable to
address. No one is obligated to accept my patches unless I put in the
work to convince the community that the patch does something useful
and doesn't break things. It didn't seem like I was making progress on
either of these fronts, so I gave up.

Roman.