Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Patch: Doc: clarify effect of KSH_ARRAYS on subscript (I)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 45678
- From: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: dg1727 <dg1727@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Patch: Doc: clarify effect of KSH_ARRAYS on subscript (I)
- Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 01:32:37 +0000
- Cc: "zsh-workers@xxxxxxx" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <iUg6Q8HfsmZJeHxtvQXRUea0qOugvQz8Wb5SY6qpKifTq8_rzc9hWOZFa18cbGEAXdhrg3eHCyZWf3W7FubOk6yOsHVHDkT-l9TEIDEosS8email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <iUg6Q8HfsmZJeHxtvQXRUea0qOugvQz8Wb5SY6qpKifTq8_rzc9hWOZFa18cbGEAXdhrg3eHCyZWf3W7FubOk6yOsHVHDkT-l9TEIDEosS8email@example.com>
dg1727 wrote on Tue, 07 Apr 2020 23:20 +0000:
> Following is a Git diff of a proposed update to the documentation.
> In future, if I have a small item like this to suggest, I intend to try to combine it with other small items so as not to make too much mailing-list traffic. (I make no promises about this.)
> This first minor update is just to try out the process.
> Doc: clarify effect of KSH_ARRAYS on subscript (I)
> diff --git a/Doc/Zsh/params.yo b/Doc/Zsh/params.yo
> index 8daf33d5e..8682ec448 100644
> --- a/Doc/Zsh/params.yo
> +++ b/Doc/Zsh/params.yo
> @@ -397,7 +397,9 @@ associative array.
> Like `tt(i)', but gives the index of the last match, or all possible
> matching keys in an associative array. On failure substitutes 0, or
> -the empty string for an associative array. This flag is best when
> +the empty string for an associative array. If option tt(KSH_ARRAYS) is in
> +effect and no match is found, the result is indistinguishable from the case
> +when the first element of the array matches. This flag is best when
> testing for values or keys that do not exist.
> Many thanks.
Thanks for the patch! I've applied it with minor changes. (I've been
AFK all week or I'd have done so sooner)
Messages sorted by: