Re: zstyle: "more specific" patterns and *-components

On 28 Apr 2020, at 14:06, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't immediately see the rationale behind your proposed scoring.  The
> each other, since there's no possible context that can be matched by
> both of them.

Well, the example i gave was :foo: vs :foo:*, not :foo vs :foo:*.

But you're right, anyway. I was too focussed on my issue with the * patterns
to see the much simpler and more general fix re: the number of components.
Just looking at it, i think what you're suggesting addresses everything, ty

dana