Re: completions for c99

Vincent Lefevre wrote on Thu, 30 Apr 2020 20:40 +00:00:
> c99 should be added to the command list of
> "functions/Completion/Unix/_gcc".

That would cause several hundred options to be offered, but on some
systems c99(1) supports far fewer options:

https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/c99.html
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=c99&manpath=FreeBSD+12.1-RELEASE

We probably need a bit of $service-specific code, to see whether c99(1) is
in fact gcc or clang, in which case we can fall back to offering all
their options, or not, in which case we should offer just the handful of
options that's in fact supported.

Anyone interested in writing the patch?