Re: Feature request: ZSH_XTRACEFD variable

> On 03 May 2020 at 22:23 Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Peter Stephenson wrote on Sun, 03 May 2020 18:30 +0100:
> > On Sat, 2020-05-02 at 20:02 +0200, Timothée Mazzucotelli wrote:
> > > I wrote such a test and noticed that file descriptors were being
> > > closed each time ZSH_XTRACEFD was (re)assigned, even as a local
> > > variable.  So I removed the code lines closing the previous file
> > > descriptor in xtracefdsetfn, and it seemed to work well.
> >
> > This re-introduces the file descriptor leak I was at pains to remove.
> > It apparently works because the test isn't sensitive to the leak ---
> > that's hard to fix in a standard way, i.e. with1out having some limit you
> > can rely on on file descriptors being created.
> >

> Which test is that?

I'm thinking of 45760, but actually it's explicitly testing for closed file
descriptors (rather than looking for a leak), so that should be on the
right lines.  I'll look a bit more closely to check what's going on when
I get a chance --- I'm evidently missing aspects of how this fits together
anyway.

pws