Re: Feature Request: fc -C to clear history and reset counter

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 4:04 PM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are plugins out there that provide per-directory history for zsh.

I had meant to mention that, too, but got distracted by searching for
the "unmeta.c" program ...

> I thought we might be able to present the history as a magic variable
> (like $aliases).

Yeah, that turns out to be REALLY messy, which is why $history is a
read-only hash table indexed on event number.

> Also, we should probably make vared emit array elements one per line,
> shouldn't we?

Hrrrm, I think I'd rather that were an option rather than the default.