Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Zsh crashes on `compadd` when using `_history` completer & zstyle `ignored-patterns` is set
- X-seq: zsh-workers 45972
- From: Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Zsh crashes on `compadd` when using `_history` completer & zstyle `ignored-patterns` is set
- Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 00:31:29 +0300
- Cc: Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAHLkEDtGT89iRnbe+VDbBdMU1LqDY0Z=BCbH9Qqhgv2+XrKJJw@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHLkEDv=tfKLvp=4SwHs4nOrkzAWfwZAC+HfFW=z8hrBgC+_ZQ@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
On Thu, 28 May 2020 at 11:44, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Could the contents of my histfile have an influence on this? If you do
> > | head -1001 > .zsh_history`, then there is no realistic data in the
> > histfile.
> That's possible, yes. Can _you_ reproduce the bug using the steps I
> I don't have your $HISTFILE, but I can't reproduce the issue if
> I substitute my $HISTFILE (using «cp $HISTFILE ./.zsh_history») into the
> above steps, and it's longer than 1000 lines.
> > I noticed that if I start Zsh without a histfile, then the problem does
> > occur.
> What if you start zsh with a empty histfile?
> If you can reproduce the problem with your usual histfile but not with
> an empty one, try reducing your histfile to the smallest one that does
> still reproduce the problem. There are generic instructions at
> http://www.zsh.org/cgi-bin/mla/redirect?WORKERNUMBER=45791, if you
> aren't familiar with the procedure. (They're written for .zshrc but
> you can apply them to $HISTFILE as well.)
> Can you try reproducing the bug in zsh built from master?
I am no longer able to reproduce it in any kind of way. Sorry. But at least
the problem is gone. :)
Messages sorted by: