Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [BUG] zsystem:34: flock: invalid timeout value: '0'
- X-seq: zsh-workers 46150
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [BUG] zsystem:34: flock: invalid timeout value: '0'
- Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 10:58:10 -0700
- Cc: Cedric Ware <cedric.ware__bml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx>, Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <CAN=4vMo61Q0unbW6EMJAGmu3k-bUtzvdNWKgfvxAJQ4D-FxDaA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAKc7PVAm3Wp9Gme42qNQeLo=QE8A2ZvcjcyQqw=aRQa2UDNX0w@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAKc7PVCtHg1Pq1qBWBUwdiNe_8w9LXS_3t-2eBSuCg-ZoZnUgw@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAH+w=7YuMOOSbsgop53ZpCGQZ=COGBSS_nMAyS7m6aQ_YmpukA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAN=4vMpFpaQg03JbY_B3ktXAEmiUhXH4crdwyc1Ups8Cf=nf8A@mail.gmail.com> <CAH+w=7Zu0Xp2aW-7DTTvF8Ni_eSECzaWW4P=jgpPDNOT942v0g@mail.gmail.com> <CAN=4vMo61Q0unbW6EMJAGmu3k-bUtzvdNWKgfvxAJQ4D-FxDaA@mail.gmail.com>
- Sender: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 10:12 AM Roman Perepelitsa <
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 7:01 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 12:27 AM Roman Perepelitsa <
> roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Rounding up is the right thing to do for sleeps
> >> and timeouts because it allows you to provide a guarantee.
> > I would be mildly surprised if this doesn't happen as part of the OS
> implementation of the operation.
> I've a tendency to use an overly direct language that's often
> perceived by others (especially Americans) as aggressive. Perhaps I
> was overcautious this time.
No, that's not it. I just meant that the interval is ultimately
implemented by calling nanosleep(), and I strongly suspect that nanosleep()
Messages sorted by: