best way to disable PRIVILEGED?

Dear all,

I just got zsh to compile under Plan9/APE using PDCurses [1], terminfo stubs
from old PDCurses [2], pcre [3] and some hacking [4] (at the time of this
writing the last modifications have not been pushed yet, currently only builds
with "make", mkfile not completely done yet).

the zsh executes but with the error: "zsh: error on TTY read: permission denied"

One of the hacks I did was to redefine seteuid to setuid. I am not sure if that
would be the reason for the error or if I will end up noticing that the issue
are my terminfo stubs...

Has anyone else tried to build zsh with pdcurses on systems without terminfo?

A logical first thing to try however is to follow the instructions in
zsh_system.h and remove the seteuid hack and disable PRIVILEGED.

What is the best way of doing this? Just deleting all parts referring to
PRIVILEGED or is there a more elegant solution?

Best regards,
Jens

[1] https://github.com/staalmannen/PDCurses
[2] https://github.com/staalmannen/pdterm