Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [BUG] Zsh crashes when using autocomplete because of memory unsafety (double free)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 46180
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: "zsh-workers@xxxxxxx" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [BUG] Zsh crashes when using autocomplete because of memory unsafety (double free)
- Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 13:20:26 -0700
- In-reply-to: <CAH+w=7aT+Lf1j5RkdtB5sMdg5QATReh16uTPMg31Bt+z-yxjZQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAH+w=7YVxqB5-TSO8QNvJajjv_MxnmWijd9PX=wkzXNu-GKGmg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH+w=7ZG2Gg1eby+qU62iLrB5cvshhqokvPCd9cKFdmJ4u_GzA@mail.gmail.com> <CAH+w=7a=fX_Onyt=yie=+J_xGEdB+crs6DU9tgCQfqZ9HTGUJQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAH+w=7aT+Lf1j5RkdtB5sMdg5QATReh16uTPMg31Bt+z-yxjZQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Sender: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 8:48 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So the patch is sort of on the right track, but still not the whole
> story. Turning this back over to others, I probably won't have a
> chance to look at it again for a few days.
Spent a little while on this today.
This seems to be related to get_comp_string() and the way completion
really wants to remove quotation marks. E.g.:
% alias a='echo z'<TAB>
% alias a=echo\ zsh
When doing complete-in-word after an open-quote AND there are other
characters on the line that have to be backslash-escaped in order to
remove the quotes, the process of updating the line becomes confused.
For example, starting from:
% alias a="echo foo bar
Complete-in-word after "echo" crashes, and after "foo" produces the
"expect x at offset" debugging message.
It does seem to require the collusion of "compset -q" to actually
crash it. The recalculation of where words begin and end leads to
Again this is as far as I've gotten. If anyone else wants to have a
go, by all means.
Messages sorted by: