Re: Kali Linux is changing its default shell to Zsh

Axel Beckert wrote on Mon, 14 Sep 2020 02:33 +0200:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 12:21:17AM +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > > Kali Linux (a popular Debian derivative for pen-testing) is switching
> > > its default Shell to Zsh:
> >
> > They mention they'll be shipping a custom /etc/skel/.zshrc.  Is it
> > available online somewhere?  I couldn't find it in their git
> > repositories.
>
> Found it, it's in one of their own base packages, not in the zsh
> package:
> https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/packages/kali-defaults/-/blob/kali/master/.zshrc

Thanks, Axel.

Overall that file seems pretty reasonable, but there are a few things
that should probably be changed (e.g., installing z-sy-h flips the
default value of the KSH_ARRAYS option).  I've reported those to Kali:

https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/packages/kali-defaults/-/issues/2

Cheers,

Daniel