Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
compadd not returning completion options
- X-seq: zsh-workers 47417
- From: Justin Garrison <justinleegarrison@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: compadd not returning completion options
- Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 16:53:07 -0700
- Archived-at: <https://zsh.org/workers/47417>
- Archived-at: <http://www.zsh.org/sympa/arcsearch_id/zsh-workers/2020-10/CANS%3DCAffsA9xunCBL1G-K_EVR%2B7bH_ttFxg3A_%2BOb5Lzx0od2g%40mail.gmail.com>
- Authentication-results: zsh.org; iprev=pass (mail-io1-f53.google.com) smtp.remote-ip=184.108.40.206; dkim=pass header.d=gmail.com header.s=20161025 header.a=rsa-sha256; dmarc=pass header.from=gmail.com; arc=none
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=O/ArKmdQlA2FJoCy2r8my+NjgqR+FpzzndbxCB1G86I=; b=GJByn5WHDx732voC5e19Zd4oktYZhbir2eu0K6YGDtZPJ3s9CV0WknlIDD4h+OW7pF snAJZYri1fG7rkyAvzZpNjPTyBKxW+ArzzPF3fXyCfJtWCQVM19WKRAo152AKHs3dZaR zR+UyEiRII3BXNihK4P9f/dgF5EhmuPx+f2r7PrAaILzfljWCwZNEzy3uvcpmZTgGsVr swiErCX3crxV7JF6k8LLDTRGJ6Ctb2dWdEqN0uqKlHXBx5e0upwwDVci+qHzzX99UMHP LYy084g2ubokpi/44eud2sfU7OmQtS2bhMT1Y4AYhLoueeFq/wkxZcloUWI5KS58J6lc pfpg==
- List-archive: <http://www.zsh.org/sympa/arc/zsh-workers>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-owner: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe%20zsh-workers>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe%20zsh-workers>
- Sender: zsh-workers-request@xxxxxxx
I have a custom completion script I'm working on that has a few different functions used for completion (I'm modifying existing completion scripts so I can't change some of them)
__start_k -> calls __k_handle_word -> calls __k_handle_kspace -> calls __k_kspace_parse_config
The __k_kspace_parse_config is where I run compadd for my completions
I can see it being run if I set -x in that function (I'm echoing the array at the end of the compadd command and also tried with -a array_name)
but this returns no matches even though the k_out array has values.
If I run
compdef __k_handle_kspace k
everything works as expected. I'm not sure why it matters which function I use when the function that sets the completion values is still the same.
I have some more links to the code and information here in stackoverflow but haven't been able to figure out why this is happening.
Any pointers or help on what I could be doing wrong are appreciated.
Messages sorted by: