Re: [BUG] The commands array contains dirs instead of the actual executables

Please include at least some expository context in your messages, rather than merely quote a command transcript.  The fact that there are multiple slashes in your $commands values indicates to me that you're probably doing something wrong with the setting of $path, but without context I can't guess what.

Command hashing does not expect $path to include the names of directories which further contain other subdirectories.  For speed, only the names of the items found inside path directories are scanned/cached, rather than examining the items themselves.

You can change this by "setopt hash_executables_only" or (I suspect) by placing /Users/evar/scripts at the end of your $path instead of at the beginning.