Re: region_highlight converts `fg=default` to `none`, which is not the same

⋮
> Thoughts?

The inconsistent augmentation semantics have bugged me since I first ran
into them.  I'd love to see them rationalized.

Short on time, but in general terms:

1. Heed PEP 20.  (E.g., the points about explicitness and ambiguity)

2. Proposed acceptance test: When two specs are added, A+B, for any
   desired visual outcome there should be a value of B that, _regardless
   of the value of A_, achieves that outcome.

Not sure how to get from the current semantics to acceptable ones.  Maybe we could do, say:

- fg=1 + bg=2,fg=inherit ⇒ fg=1,bg=2
- underline + fg=1,underline=inherit ⇒ fg=1,underline
- none + fg=1,underline=inherit ⇒ fg=1 [no underline]

As to «fg=1 + fg=default ⇒ fg=1», I think we can treat it as a bug and break compatibility?