Re: [regression] %2K prompt expansion no longer works

> On 30 October 2020 at 00:42 Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 4:09 PM Oliver Kiddle <opk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Shouldn't %F{green} give the same as %F{2} (echoti setaf 2) instead of
> > > hardcoding the escape sequence?
> >
> > That's what I would have thought too. But then why has code been written
> > to avoid termcap in the case of named colours?
> >
> > If nobody can remember, removing it may be the only way to find out.
>
> %F hasn't been around that long (comparatively, ahem) ... the git
> history should provide some explanation.
>
> https://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2008/msg00647.html
>
> Peter?  Jog anything?

I'm pretty sure this stuff was only ever done on the basis of "whatever
happened to work at the time".  The only master plan was to provide
as wide support as possible without making too many assumptions.
The assumptions to be made will correspondingly have changed over
the years.

pws