Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 9:18 AM Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 3:42 AM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > %F{8} and %F{12} do nothing on my terminal (ssh in Terminal.app from
> > Mac to Ubuntu, in this case), they just emit the same as %F{default},
> > so I don't know what you're after with those.  Don't use numerics.
>
> I can change it, but I want to note that I happen to use macOS's
> Terminal.app to ssh to an Ubuntu server, too, and it works fine for me
> there.

It's a matter of TERM. If you set TERM=xterm, you'll see that all
colors with the codes above 7 look like the default.

I agree with Bart that the default zsh config should stick to 8 colors
(red, green, yellow, etc.). People do use terminals with 8 colors: the
non-graphical terminal in Linux, the embedded terminal in Emacs, a
bunch of terminals on Windows, etc.

Roman.