Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install

Trying to selectively reply here since gmail makes it nearly
impossible to reply to a whole thread ...

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 3:39 AM Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> https://zdharma.org/Zsh-100-Commits-Club/Zsh-Plugin-Standard.html#_the_proposed_function_name_prefixes
>
> The list there includes . (dot), → (arrow right), +, / (slash) and @.

Oh golly, Sebastian.  Arrow right?  Really?

> How is it risky? If you need to find a username that starts with a
> certain prefix, then you will still be able to find it by typing said
> prefix. We have included the _ignored completer, after all.

I'm fine with this.  I've used MacOS for several years now and never
noticed all those user names starting with an underscore (probably
because I'm the only real user and never have to use tilde as a prefix
to anything but a slash).  Am I hallucinating that UNIX user names
were at one time required to start with an alphabetic?

> Actually, I am currently working on a prompt system of my own (not
> published anywhere yet). But instead of making this separate plugin, I
> could of course consider contributing this back "upstream" in the form
> of improvements to promptinit & co. Would that be something that you'd
> be interested in?

Sure.