Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install (Mikael's subthread)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 48495
- From: Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx>, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, dana <dana@xxxxxxx>
- Cc: Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install (Mikael's subthread)
- Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 14:38:01 +0300
- Archived-at: <https://zsh.org/workers/48495>
- In-reply-to: <CAN=4vMrftkOpPs+Z60YYcNw2sH59jOTHQF84=hH2=regke_Jtg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-id: <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- References: <CAN=4vMrftkOpPs+Z60YYcNw2sH59jOTHQF84=hH2=regke_Jtg@mail.gmail.com>
> On 11 Apr 2021, at 01:03, Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 11:42 PM Bart Schaefer
> <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 1:47 PM dana <dana@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> the proposed changes have gone beyond the scope i'd initially envisioned.
> Likewise. I've stopped commenting on this thread when it became
> apparent that the size and complexity of the default zshrc I had in
> mind is an order of magnitude lower than what's being discussed.
Looking at the .zshrc I’ve made, I would suggest the following changes to reduce its length and complexity:
* Move zrestart() to an autoloadable function. This is done. I just need to push it in.
* Move the prompt code into a theme that can be customized easily. This is done, too, and will be pushed.
* Move Home, End, Alt-Right/Left & Alt-Delete key bindings to the ZLE code and menuselect Alt-Up/Down + Page Up/Down keybindings to complist. This not done yet.
* Fix the way Tab behaves in complist interactive mode. Not done yet.
* Move the rest of the keybinding code to an autoloadable function. Not done.
* Make a “theme” system for compsys. We could put a couple of different flavors of comp config into comp themes: one for menu select haters, ;) one that uses `interactive` type-ahead, etc. Alternatively, split the settings into several modular, autoloadable functions, so users can mix and match. Neither of these is done yet.
* Create an autoloadable function for the pushd/cd widgets. Done & will be pushed.
Messages sorted by: