Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install (Mikael's subthread)

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 11:42 PM Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 1:47 PM dana <dana@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > the proposed changes have gone beyond the scope i'd initially envisioned.
>
> Ditto.

Likewise. I've stopped commenting on this thread when it became
apparent that the size and complexity of the default zshrc I had in
mind is an order of magnitude lower than what's being discussed.

In my opinion, if zsh were to ship with a default zshrc (or generate
one via a wizard), it must be REALLY simple and REALLY short. If
someone wants to define a better zshrc with more functionality, let
them do so and compete with oh-my-zsh. It's much better for the
default zshrc to be too conservative than too complex.

Roman.