Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install (Mikael's subthread)

Roman Perepelitsa wrote on Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 00:03:18 +0200:
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 11:42 PM Bart Schaefer
> <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 1:47 PM dana <dana@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > the proposed changes have gone beyond the scope i'd initially envisioned.
> >
> > Ditto.
>
> Likewise. I've stopped commenting on this thread when it became
> apparent that the size and complexity of the default zshrc I had in
> mind is an order of magnitude lower than what's being discussed.
>
> In my opinion, if zsh were to ship with a default zshrc (or generate
> one via a wizard), it must be REALLY simple and REALLY short. If
> someone wants to define a better zshrc with more functionality, let
> them do so and compete with oh-my-zsh. It's much better for the
> default zshrc to be too conservative than too complex.

May I mention zsh-sensible (the original one) again?  Here's its zshrc
with comments removed:

[[[
PS1="%m:%~%# "
setopt INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS
HISTSIZE=1000
SAVEHIST=1000
HISTFILE=${XDG_CACHE_HOME:-"${HOME}/.cache"}/zsh_history
autoload -Uz compinit && compinit
zstyle ':completion:*' group-name ''
zstyle ':completion:*' format '>>> %d'
autoload -Uz add-zsh-hook