Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Patch bumping (was Re: Feature Patch: Use completion to view parameter values)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 48541
- From: Lawrence Velázquez <larryv@xxxxxxx>
- To: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Cc: Marlon <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Patch bumping (was Re: Feature Patch: Use completion to view parameter values)
- Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 14:08:15 -0400
- Archived-at: <https://zsh.org/workers/48541>
- In-reply-to: <20210413123200.GI6819@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2>
- List-id: <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- References: <20210329171120.GA6044@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2> <CAH+w=7bD9bA-AKV4NoQ9YZVM_VpSMgX8GcLjSVhgP06KYokM_A@mail.gmail.com> <20210329181452.GB6044@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2> <CAHLkEDtFJbs0gUT-CD-FNBhqP6CiHqiNxbfmbhAJHLYqC+kOfirstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAHLkEDt=LnW=ytsa31TQsVEQCV6cJfD8N0PWO5iuXGcLJ-tfCA@mail.gmail.com> <18618-1617324651.844569@tLsN.0hLE.FeTt> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAH+w=7bVsc0XNMuGhU4SAv7ZLj1f3_5aT+SuUtmMbMGneVq+NQ@mail.gmail.com> <A34A0C2C-F836-47CF-90A6-B1A27633C6D4@gmail.com> <20210413123200.GI6819@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2>
> On Apr 13, 2021, at 8:32 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [Marlon: Your quote attribution line is indented one more level than is
This is how Apple's email clients quote. I couldn't tell you why.
> Leaving #4 "considerably longer" would decrease temporal locality in the
> patch authors' brains, would reap less "the project noticed my lack of
> response" benefits (cf.
> and would be more likely to find the patch author busy with other things
> and unable to follow up and post a revised patch.
> You don't actually say what benefits you seek to attain. Is it about,
> say, bumps that are replies to previous bumps? If so, I'd propose, say:
> - A bump that is a reply to a non-bump should be sent with delay X.
> - A bump that is a reply to a bump should be sent with delay Y.
> - A bump that is a reply to a bump that is a reply to a bump should be
> sent with delay Z and added to git (as proposed in workers/48303).
> - A bump (that is a reply to a bump)³ should not be sent.
I'm not sure about varying delays, but it would be nice to have a
place to stash discussions to avoid infinite reminders.
>> Additionally, it would be helpful if committers remember to inform us
>> when a when a patch has been accepted/rejected/applied,
> This would be helpful for other other reasons too:
> - It would let the patch submitter know their patch has been accepted.
> (Simply committing the patch to git without replying to it might leave
> the patch submitter think they were ignored.)
> - It would make it easier for other committers
> to skip PATCH threads that have already been handled.
Messages sorted by: