Re: bug report: INTERACTIVECOMMENTS option interacts oddly with shell functions in an interactive context

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 8:18 AM Peter Stephenson

> Yes, that does seem pretty clear.  Looks easy to fix and test.

I'm not sure it's actually all that clear.  Consider the original case:

% alias '#x'='echo The X Factor'
% source =(<<<'echo $(
#x is not a comment
)')
The X Factor is not a comment

I haven't come up with a way to satisfy both workers/41656 and the
current complaint, without having to turn the tokenizer inside-out to
check for aliases during comment removal.