Re: bug report: INTERACTIVECOMMENTS option interacts oddly with shell functions in an interactive context

> On 01 September 2021 at 19:09 Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 8:18 AM Peter Stephenson
> >
> > Yes, that does seem pretty clear.  Looks easy to fix and test.
>
> I'm not sure it's actually all that clear.  Consider the original case:
>
> % alias '#x'='echo The X Factor'
> % source =(<<<'echo $(
> #x is not a comment
> )')
> The X Factor is not a comment

Hmm, this is certainly true, but sourcing a file actually created on the
command line is a much more special case than sourcing a file that
already lives somewhere in the file system, even without the devious
alias.

pws