Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: What does REDIRF_FROM_HEREDOC flag represent?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 49510
- From: Jett Husher <jetthusher@xxxxx>
- To: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Cc: "zsh-workers@xxxxxxx" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: What does REDIRF_FROM_HEREDOC flag represent?
- Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 04:42:09 +0000
- Archived-at: <https://zsh.org/workers/49510>
- In-reply-to: <vBtfA3xVArPp-qWVYvqO2koSzHro1ms6um1SMPrWwJSp-luOAzAkWH2xx7FAxaPw8IWt1uQw3PiNd0yhOfXRAMGRgSGlscm23N0CnMY1oKIfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- References: <UNGkzCHSmvNpdTsMVzHx7jyFHTT7l5Q2e_dT34ii2CHlMkkGkta1DEACUzRXldhBDR1aLOdMnFp9B4IO_0PQYswtcqjyDwkQEVdp3PwZqvQemail@example.com> <20211021143915.GD16034@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2> <vBtfA3xVArPp-qWVYvqO2koSzHro1ms6um1SMPrWwJSp-luOAzAkWH2xx7FAxaPw8IWt1uQw3PiNd0yhOfXRAMGRgSGlscm23N0CnMY1oKIfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jett Husher <jetthusher@xxxxx>
On Thursday, October 21st, 2021 at 16:39, Daniel Shahaf
> Welcome :)
> > Is it that every line in heredoc is a here-string?
I got that idea from the fact that heredoc and here-string, despite having
separate entries in redirection types enum in zsh.h, share the same case in
exec.c (line 3687) and are both acquired with getherestr function. I saw that
just above this very function is gethere fn with a comment that it converts a
heredoc to a here-string, but I thought that the flag would be set there as
I guess I just got confused and a comment from getherestr that reads "For
here-strings from here documents, we use the original" got me an idea that a
here-string can somehow exist in heredoc (?????) in a very strange fashion. So
I asked to make sure.
Your explanation definitely helped, thank you a ton for that, Daniel!
> It did help that I already knew what each file does in general, but
> yeah, I don't have access to zsh-with-comments.git either ☹
It's surprisingly easy to navigate in the code base, even without entirely
understanding C syntax. So good job keeping it organized!
Messages sorted by: