Re: Possibly missing explanation on difference between '&>' and '> word 2>&1' with multios in manual

Jett Husher wrote on Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 04:43:15 +0000:
> While testing, I also noticed that zsh opens files in multio regardless of
> the access mode being used (manual says only writing counts).

Well, not quite.  That section begins:
.
    If the user tries to open a file descriptor for writing more than once,
.
but there is actually a paragraph, buried halfway through that section,
that reads:
.
    If the user tries to open a file descriptor for reading more than once,

So, the information is there, but it's not clearly organized.  Again,
anyone wants to take a stab at that section?  The sources are in Doc/Zsh/.

Thanks, Jett.

Daniel