Re: Moving http://zsh.sourceforge.io/ to https://www.zsh.org/

Daniel Shahaf wrote on Tue, 01 Feb 2022 07:40 +00:00:
> I think we have consensus that the Web site should move to zsh.org.
>
> Seems to me like there isn't much work left to do:
>
> 1. Move the list of "Distribution sites" on zsh.org to the "Mirrors"
> page on zsh.sf.io
>
> 2. Update any self-links on zsh.sf.io to say "zsh.org" (e.g., the search box)
>
> 3. Serve the contents of zsh-web.git from the zsh.org webroot
>
> 4. Have zsh.sf.io redirect to zsh.org

One more step:

5 (alt 1). Set up SSH accounts for committers who'd like to be able to
deploy updates to the Web site, so they'll be able to deploy by rsync-over-
ssh to zsh.org (rather than to sf.net as today)

OR

5 (alt 2). Set up zsh.org to automatically deploy changes pushed to to zsh-web.git

Without this step, only the handful of people with SSH access will be
able to deploy updates, whereas today all committers can deploy updates.

Cheers,

Daniel