Re: CSS for Zsh website?

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 3:31 PM Lawrence Velázquez <larryv@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 3, 2022, at 5:37 PM, Axel Beckert wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 03, 2022 at 12:08:11AM +1100, David Wales wrote:
> >>     max-width: 80ch;
> >
> > Please don't artificially restrict the width of text on websites
>
> Hard disagree.  Legibility decreases with line length.

Soft disagree.  Setting width to 80 characters is no more necessary
than allowing it to be 100% of the viewport.  The only time to use
character widths is with fixed-width fonts.  Set margins, not widths.

> > Additionally, I'd leave the decision of serif vs sans-serif

Incidentally I don't find serif to be easier to read unless e.g. I'm
trying to distinguish cap-I from lower-l without syntax context.