Re: Prompt percent completion for truncations

On 3/21/22, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is cute but unhelpful:
>
> [         -- truncation from who knows where
>
> Furthermore, completion after that doesn't work right:
>
> % PS2=%[
> parameter
> (list of parameter names elided)
> % PS2=%\[
> (literally nothing: no suggestions, no beep)
>
> If we're going to include %[ in the completions, it should continue
> with %[< or %[> ... but my vote would be to just remove that because
> it's a deprecated form of %< and %> respectively.

I have a feeling this is my fault, but I think the statute of
limitations has expired for this particular crime. (zw/30466)

I'm pretty sure I was unaware of the intricacies of $comp_state[quote]
back then, and did most of my testing inside single quotes.

--
Mikael Magnusson