Re: Prompt percent completion for truncations

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 2:16 PM Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a feeling this is my fault, but I think the statute of
> limitations has expired for this particular crime.

Hah!  Yes.

> I'm pretty sure I was unaware of the intricacies of $comp_state[quote]
> back then, and did most of my testing inside single quotes.

The quoting actually doesn't matter, same thing happens with
backslash, single, or double quotes.

> > There is also this:
> > % PS2=%\<
> > replacement string
> > number

That seems to be coming from
  _message -e ternary-prompt-expression number
which I think arises from treating as a ternary anything that doesn't
match the preceding list of specs, but I'm not certain.