Re: A second test release before 5.9 final?

On Sun, 2022-05-01 at 09:50 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> I'm not sure how to write a test for 50134 because it requires
> starting an interactive shell, waiting several seconds, then sending
> it a SIGINT and discovering whether it exited immediately or N seconds
> later.

Really interactive tests (beyond the level of simulated keystrokes or
delays) is really hard to test robustly.  Certainly what we've got at
the moment doesn't cut the mustard.  I had a quick look a while ago for
something that might be more robust but didn't see anything that looked
like it would work out of the box, and I certainly don't think any of us
are going to be doing it from scratch.

pws