Re: Posted zsh 5.9

On Sat 14 May 2022, at 18:26, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Thanks.  ENOTIME to update the creating-a-release.txt, sorry.

np, i'll do it tomorrow probably

On Sat 14 May 2022, at 18:26, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> I get "zsh-5.9.tar.xz.asc" with 1.20.1-1.1 (didn't test the other
> version this time).

Not sure then. It seems repeatable with the asc files for me here

On Sat 14 May 2022, at 18:28, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Can't they install the man pages shipped in the source tarball in --HEAD
> builds too?

Yeah, that's what i was saying in the third paragraph you quoted. But that
won't get them *all* the documentation like they have with bottles. They
would have to pull both the source *and* doc archives to do that (since
yodl is also needed to build the HTML files and those aren't included with
the source). Which they might be fine with, idk; it would just be faster
and more convenient if it was all in one place.

I don't personally care about having local HTML documentation, though, and
since SF only lets you have one 'latest' file (the source archive in our
case) maybe adding man and run-help to the doc archive isn't that useful to
Homebrew either. I'll just see if they can pull the man pages from the
'latest' file with --HEAD

dana