Re: Posted zsh 5.9

dana wrote on Sat, May 14, 2022 at 18:50:13 -0500:
> On Sat 14 May 2022, at 18:26, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > I get "zsh-5.9.tar.xz.asc" with 1.20.1-1.1 (didn't test the other
> > version this time).
>
> Not sure then. It seems repeatable with the asc files for me here

I can reproduce it now, both with the 1.20.1-1.1 I used yesterday and
with 1.20.3-1ubuntu2 on a remote VM.

I haven't changed anything on my end.

As to workarounds, the committed one looks good, or we could specify the
filename explicitly by doing, say, «wget -O ${URL:h:t} $URL».

> On Sat 14 May 2022, at 18:28, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > Can't they install the man pages shipped in the source tarball in --HEAD
> > builds too?
>
> Yeah, that's what i was saying in the third paragraph you quoted. But that
> won't get them *all* the documentation like they have with bottles. They
> would have to pull both the source *and* doc archives to do that (since
> yodl is also needed to build the HTML files and those aren't included with
> the source). Which they might be fine with, idk; it would just be faster
> and more convenient if it was all in one place.

I don't understand the problem, since they'd _anyway_ have to get both
archives if they want to have HTML/PDF/info docs in --HEAD builds… but
more importantly, I think solving a problem before the user requirements
have been nailed down is putting the cart before the horse.

> I don't personally care about having local HTML documentation, though, and
> since SF only lets you have one 'latest' file (the source archive in our
> case) maybe adding man and run-help to the doc archive isn't that useful to
> Homebrew either.

If the lack of a single canonical URL to download the latest doc tarball
is a problem, we can solve that in a number of ways.

> I'll just see if they can pull the man pages from the 'latest' file
> with --HEAD

Sounds like a good next step.  And they're welcome to file bug reports
against the distribution scheme :)

Cheers,

Dainel