rsync completions

Dear zsh-workers,

A few months ago the zsh completions for rsync stopped working correctly. Tab completion of remote paths currently triple escapes special characters, for example:
$ rsync -av 1.2.3.4:/home/me/downloads/Some\\\ File\\\ With\\\ Spaces ~/
This now results in an error, ie:
rsync: link_stat "/home/me/downloads/Some\ File\ With\ Spaces" failed: No such file or directory (2)
I have to manually correct the triple escapes to use a single escape like this for it to work:
$ rsync -av 1.2.3.4:/home/me/downloads/Some\ File\ With\ Spaces ~/
After some research I found that rsync 3.2.4 introduced changes to argument parsing behavior¹ on 2022-04-15. This was patched by the fish shell² recently shortly after the rsync 3.2.4 release.

Apologies if the zsh-workers is not the correct place to post this. I would appreciate any advice or assistance on this, for example if it's a distribution issue I will gladly file an issue elsewhere. I'm on Arch Linux with zsh 5.9 and rsync 3.2.5.

Thank you!

¹ https://download.samba.org/pub/rsync/NEWS#3.2.4
² https://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell/issues/8895