Re: command line tabbing message '_arguments:comparguments:409: not enough arguments'

On Mon, Oct 3, 2022 at 11:37 PM Jun T <takimoto-j@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry, if FPATH is exported then it is inherited by the child
zsh even if it is started with option -f. So the above will not work.

You can check whether FPATH is exported of not by
If it shows 'export ...' then it is exported. You can 'un-export' it

Sorry, as soon as I saw "if FPATH is exported"  I figured out what was happening.

My .zshrc file makes sure FPATH is exported.  This is because some scripts/functions I
wrote failed if FPATH wasn't exported. So, I export it all the time. I didn't consider what
this would do when switching shells.

I now have the following aliases:

  alias swshell='[[ $parameters[FPATH] == *export* ]] && typeset +x FPATH ; '
  alias xportfpath='[[ $parameters[FPATH] == *export* ]] || typeset -x FPATH'

Solved.  Sorry for the noise.

Thanks for you response,

Jim