Re: UNICODE Private Use Area characters in BUFFER

On Sun, Oct 23, 2022 at 4:22 PM Roman Perepelitsa
<roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This code shows how zsh treats characters from Private Use Area. The
> output doesn't depend on or require a terminal. I wanted to show that
> zsh handles characters from Private Use Area just fine. The only place
> I know of where zsh cannot handle them is BUFFER.

That's sort of the point?  BUFFER does depend on and require a
terminal.  Asserting that zsh "handles" those characters in other
contexts isn't indicative of anything beyond demonstrating that
terminal "handling" is a special case.