Re: There seems to be a problem with the test harness on Solaris 11.4

On 11/6/2022 1:09 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Sun, Nov 6, 2022 at 10:35 AM Clinton Bunch <cdb_zsh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Solaris 11.4 at least also has GNU diff as gdiff.
Use of "diff -a" hasn't changed since at least 2017.  Is it possible
that there's been a default (or your own) PATH change causing the
POSIX diff to be found in preference?

I haven't changed the default path on this system yet.  To get GNU diff as diff you'd have to add /usr/gnu/bin to the path, and I doubt that's been in the standard path.  I'm not positive it wasn't pulled in as a prereq when I installed autoconf from the standard package repository.

I think it's possible that only a few people have run the tests on Solaris in the last 5 years and either had /usr/gnu/bin in their path (not exactly unexpected from someone who'd try to build their own shell) or they just didn't report the failure.

Especially since it ships with a version of zsh (5.3.1), a lot of people wouldn't feel the need to build their own.