Re: prompt colors bug? also possible feature add

Hi again,

On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 6:23 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 3:19 PM Jim <linux.tech.guy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While working on colors and prompts I noticed that gray and grey
> do not work in a prompt. But in the colors function it states:
>
> # This is inaccurate, but the prompt theme system needs it.

Not the built-in prompt escapes, the prompt themes installable via
  autoload prompinit
  promptinit
  prompt fade
(for example)

Not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree ...  Did some further testing with an actual
prompt adam2 (alt_02 is some prep work for adding vcs_info -- tested on just adam2
with the same results). When I tried to get "grey" or "gray" the color defaulted back to
the terminal default(in my case green). Yet using numbers 7 & 8 output as would be
expected(check user@host).  I guess the next questions is, does it only work with
fade?

You used the example of prompt fade, but I tried bigfade with args as described in
the function.  Having a hard time seeing grey, but maybe that has something to do with
my virtual terminal or brightness setting. I included the results of my testing in two
.png files.

Is there any consideration of adding bright-<color> to prompts? Just curious.
As you can see, bright-color also defaults to terminal default(green).
Using numbers works for me.

If I misunderstood, sorry for the noise.

Regards,

Jim