Re: prompt colors bug? also possible feature add

On Tue, Aug 22, 2023 at 5:37 PM Jim <linux.tech.guy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree ...

Not exactly ... previously I was pointing out that promises made by
the colors function have nothing to do with promises made by the
builtin prompt code.

> I guess the next questions is, does it only work with
> fade?

That's the only one that references it directly rather than by user
configuration, but it's the reason it appears in the colors arrays.

> Is there any consideration of adding bright-<color> to prompts? Just curious.

It has not been directly discussed.  That doesn't mean it couldn't
happen if someone wanted to put in the effort.  To the extent that
related things considered, it was decided that providing color numbers
was sufficient; color names are a throwback to when there were only
about 16 of them.  Sadly most of the prompt themes are from a similar
time, there haven't been any new ones contributed for some years.