Is this possible/easy?

Jason Price writes:
 > I need to generate a script to ping all the IP addresses in a couple
 > of class C's.  (So we can double check our records, and see which are
 > in use) Is there a way to generate this easilly?  Even something to
 > list them all out, and redirect the output would be enough.

There's a program called "fping" that'll do this in a VERY efficient
manner, like reading the list from stdio or a file or command
line. Does these kind of pings and give the answers MUCH faster than
individual pings would. (Sorry if I'm late, but were on vacation, and
this needs a better answer than given via the list)

 > Something like
 >
 > 150.150.150.0
 > 150.150.150.1
 > 150.150.150.2
 > 150.150.150.255
 >
 > Thanks;
 > Jason
 >
 > --
 >    Jason Price   | The brain is a wonderful organ: it starts working the
 > Theta Xi, BA 449 | moment you get up, and doesn't stop till you get to class.

Hendrik Visage
HendrikV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx