newbie questions

Hello, zsh fans.
Last week I installed zsh v3.0.5 at home and had lots of fun
composing my ~/.zshrc. It took me a while to figure out how
to convert my tcsh stuff to zsh, but everything works fine now.
I still have a few questions however:
- I aliased which-command='whence -vaf', which gives more info
  than 'whence -c'. But when I type 'ls' and press F4 (bound to
  which-command), I only get 'ls is /bin/ls' instead of 'ls is
  aliased to 'ls --color'' _and_ 'ls is /bin/ls'.

- Is there a way to have a functionor alias run before every
  external command? I'd like the xterm titlebar reflect the
  title of the currently running program, instead of just
  'zsh:$PWD'.

- Is there a way (function/alias/builtin) to convert a given
  path to an absolute path?

Guido Koopman

"I've got to find a hydrant." - Big Dog
"OK. But first,... let's build a submarine!" - Little Dog
(2 Stupid Dogs, "Seeing Eye Dogs"