Re: newbie questions

On Thu, Oct 09, 1997 at 01:32:02PM +0200, Guido Koopman wrote:
> Hello, zsh fans.
>
> - Is there a way to have a functionor alias run before every
>   external command? I'd like the xterm titlebar reflect the
>   title of the currently running program, instead of just
>   'zsh:$PWD'.

I can show you what I have.

> # Function executed by zsh when directory changed to put directory
> # in xterm title.  Also make sure it is set immediately when new
> # xterm started.
> if [ "$TERM" = "xterm" ] || [ "$TERM" = "dtterm" ]; then
>   echo -n "\e]2;$HOSTNAME:$PWD\007"
>   function precmd () {
>     echo -n "\e]2;$HOSTNAME:$PWD\007\e]1;$HOSTNAME\007"
>   }
> fi

Hopefully this was one of the things you were looking for.  This also puts
the command in the window title.  I don't remember
where I found this.  It may be with the distribution.

Brandon

--
                |\/\/\/|
                |      |
                | (o)(o)
| Brandon George       bcgeorge@xxxxxx |
| OU CS Department       Systems Admin |
| PGP key:  http://cs.ou.edu/~bcgeorge |