Re: zsh and login shells.

> Zsh would only process .login if it were explicitly sourced.  The usual
> file for zsh is .zlogin ...

I was being dumb - I put into my .zprofile and everything was fine.

> I'm not sure the "not a link" test is all that useful.  If somebody could
> put a link in his loc/bin directory, they could also replace the entire
> executable.

The reason that I personally wouldn't use the link test is that I have
a link called -zsh pointing to the zsh binary in my home directory
software tree.  That way I can exec zsh and it shows up in the process
table as -zsh

- Larry (Thanks for the help)